Whether you are a Ward Manager or an experienced Nurse looking for the next step in your career, join the Brighton & Hove Clinic as Ward Manager and help change lives for the better.
Working 37.5 hours a week, which includes some shift and weekend work. You will join the team at Brighton & Hove Clinic, where you will work alongside the multidisciplinary team that provides CAMHS Tier 4 service for young people aged 12 - 18 years with a primary diagnosis of eating disorders and who may have other mental health conditions.
As the Ward Manager, you will be responsible for managing the day to day operational delivery and quality of care to young people. This will see you liaise with clinical, non-clinical staff and other partner stakeholders to deliver excellent clinical services.
Working alongside the multidisciplinary team, you will provide leadership to the nursing team as you ensure the service is adequately provisioned for excellent care and treatment and will be responsible for providing exceptional communication and encouraging teamwork
With experience from the NHS or private sector, you will as a clinical and operational expert for clinical service, overseeing that care is delivered in line with best practice. You will be on hand to provide guidance and support to junior members of the team, with performance measures following the three key domains relating to People, Quality and Finance.
You will have oversight of all staff planning, which will see you plan 12 weeks in advance to ensure all shifts have the appropriate staffing levels, meet the changing numbers and acuity of young people, whilst being flexible with the resource to ensure optimum skill-mix. You will be required to contribute to the on-call rota.
The safety of our service users and colleagues is our priority and as such we encourage and support vaccination uptake as this remains the best line of defence against COVID-19.
- Lead nurses, support workers and other key MDT staff to deliver against all regulatory activity and within Best Practice standards.
- Ensure that all clinical quality reporting and performance measures are sustained and delivered across the hospital including those surrounding NHSE contract monitoring, regulatory and internal frameworks
- Undertake clinical ward-based audits, in line with the requirements of contractual obligations and Elysium's Clinical audit strategy and ensure action plans are developed and monitored
- Oversee that young people have clear plans of care for their physical and psychological care
- Contribute to the service by undertaking investigations into incidents, dealing with complaints and maintaining databases
- Maintain links with Universities and support the service to maintain student placements
- Oversee recruitment and retention, ensuring that your vacancies are managed and agency usage reduced
- Ensure that there is adequate stock control and a mechanism for oversight on all medical supplies to the ward
- Ensure that the ward actively has regular community meetings, Safe Wards initiatives and meaningful engagement at all times
- Work in partnership with the on-site school to ensure a good working relationship, promoting communication and joint ventures in the best interest of young people
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Registered Nurse, with 3 years experience working in a CAMHS setting and/or considerable management experience in an inpatient setting
- CAMHS Eating Disorder experience or a strong interest to work in these areas
- CPD Evidence
- Excellent written and verbal communication, ability to formulate articulate reports
- Experience and understanding of regulatory frameworks and standards
- Up to date knowledge of relevant legislation related to patient group EG MHA/MCA/Children Act
- Experience in supervising practice in line with NMC requirements
- Knowledge of CQUIN and NICE guidance/requirements and Standards for relevant specialism e.g. CAMHS
- Experience in managing HR issues, including sickness, recruitment
- An understanding of budgets
- Physically able to undertake all training requirements for the role including Manual Handling and restraint
What you will get:
- Annual salary of £45,000 - £50,000
- £5,000 Welcome Bonus
- The equivalent of 33 days annual leave - plus your birthday off!
- Free meals
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
There is also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers, car leasing without a credit check and much more.
About your next employer
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with a unique approach to the delivery of care. With a network of over 80 services across England and Wales, providing four services including: Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is an opportunity for you to grow and move with Elysium.
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person's individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.