Who are we?
We're a software development company building the world's Elastic Workforce, reinventing work and challenging the assumption that a local team = the best team.
We help businesses deliver technical projects better than ever before through our platform and on-demand Elastic Teams™. Customers use our platform to scope any software project and are then paired with a fully managed Elastic Team of the world's best permanent freelancers that deliver it.
We have recently secured £5m in Series A funding from Guinness Asset Management and are now hiring a number of exciting roles to add to our fully remote team for exceptional growth ahead.
As a member of the team, you'll be working with scientists, engineers, product managers, salespeople and operational leaders from a diverse set of backgrounds who are challenging every assumption about work.
Want to know more? read: https://distributed.co/about
About the role
The successful Software Development Engineer in Test will have a successful background in the testing space with strong automation testing expertise gained within a fast-paced agile DevOps, CI/CD focussed environment to improve test coverage of the software components.
Engaging in BOTH the development and maintenance of software using best practices through writing clean, self-documenting code, unit and integration testing, automated system testing, continuous code review through participation in the team’s Agile development process.
You will be proactively evaluating and debating as part of the tech team in architectural choices in anticipation of increased scales in an ever-evolving technology.
- The strategy, design and implementation, and improvement of the automation framework
- Ensuring their ideas for team continuous improvement are communicated so that the overall process and team can improve sprint by sprint and readily receives feedback for self-improvement.
- Write tickets and reports bugs, then work directly with the engineering team to get them prioritized and fixed
- Participate in Scrum ceremonies (sprint planning, retrospective, showcases/demos, stand-ups, backlog refinement, etc.).
- Participate in Sprint demonstrations, where completed work is demonstrated to the product owner (and optionally additional business stakeholders)
- Advocate for quality in all aspects of our product
- Solid software development experience using Java
- Solid experience with Selenium as automated testing tools
- Hands-on experience implementing and maintaining automation test frameworks
- Experience building frameworks from inception or heavily involved in the creation /design and implementation of the framework
- Able to review and analyze system requirements and understand the technical architecture
Nice to have
- Experience developing automation tests using Serenity
This is available for applicants from all around Europe: Netherlands, Poland, Germany, UK, France, Russian Italy, Spain, Ukraine... etc.
Distributed is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Employees and contractors, as well as prospective employees and contractors, will all be treated equally and fairly. Distributed is committed to ensuring no less favorable treatment is experienced by any current or prospective employee because of any of the protected characteristics under the UK Equality Act 2010 or equivalent local equality legislation. By submitting your application you give us permission to store and use the information from your CV and your answers to application questions.