There is a place for you at T. Rowe Price to grow, contribute, learn, and make a difference. We are a premier asset manager focused on delivering global investment management excellence and retirement services that investors can rely on today and in the future. The work we do matters. We invite you to explore the opportunity to join us and grow your career with us.
Engineers at T. Rowe Price are playing a key role in helping build the future of financial services, working hand-in-hand with business partners to create client experiences that are changing the way people invest. We are looking for a Senior Manager to join our Multi-Asset team of Front Office Investments Technology in London. We want technologists with a fresh perspective who are passionate about solving complex business, data and technical challenges. You'll work with smart, talented people across our business to create groundbreaking, next-generation applications for n-tier cloud architectures.
We will expect you to be agile / to lead / to think outside the box. In return, we'll give you challenging work that has an impact / Opportunities to learn and grow / and a collaborative culture that encourages every member of our team to bring their point of view to the table—because that's how we help our clients succeed. The TDC is working to develop the firm's next generation data distribution platform, with the aim to seamlessly deliver real-time and on-demand investments data to a global network of distributed trading and research platforms. We are employing new paradigms such as cloud computing, lightweight microservices, and distributed and non-relational databases to deliver elastically scalable, globally distributed and highly resilient software services.
Designs, develops, modifies, adapts and implements short- and long-term solutions to information technology needs through new and existing applications, systems, databases and applications infrastructure. Reviews and interprets system requirements and business processes. Codes, tests, debugs and implements software solutions.
- Requires in-depth knowledge and expertise in their own job discipline and working knowledge of related disciplines
- Leads projects or work streams within broader projects
- Accountable for work of self and sometimes others, provides process and standards advice in area of specialty
- Works independently, receives minimal guidance
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
Role summary and job responsibilities
- Manages a team of developers to deliver a portfolio of projects which achieve target outcomes
- You'll demonstrates exceptional hands-on capability to drive components to delivery, provide technical leadership to the team
- You'll assume ownership over the quality, maintainability and security of the solutions built by our team
- Help design specific elements of the Multi-Asset Technical strategy and drive its execution within your domain of responsibility.
- Ensures adoption of modern software development practices including secure SDLC, test automation, CI/CD, and DevOps in accordance with the firm's cloud adoption strategy.
- Works closely with product owners, develops intimate understanding of business strategy and direction.
- Balance strategic and pragmatic concerns when solving problems
- Provide timely feedback and coaching to individuals and teams using data to reinforce learning
- Responsible for recruitment and performance management of associates
- Owns technical debt across their development team
- Own resource planning across multiple initiatives across the team
- Collaborate with Front office technology teams across functions to deliver solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to establish and maintain a close working relationship with Investment Compliance professionals
- Passion for learning & results oriented
- Experienced with Project management
- Strong strategic thinking skills
- Motivation skills; able to engage and motivate team members
- Apply people management skills to coach, mentor and develop engineers and project managers on the team
- Able to work directly with business partners
- Decisions show a focus on current and future business priorities, together with fiscal responsibility
- Can articulate business needs and translate them into technology solutions aligned to the organizations strategy
- A solid understanding of financial markets and instruments is a plus
- BS/MS in Computer Science or another related discipline and 10+ years of development experience (Python / Java)
- In-depth RDBMS development experience (e.g. SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Programming experience with AWS SDK and familiarity with popular AWS products. Experience building containerized applications and deploying to public or private clouds, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) Solid understanding of cloud native architectures (AWS, etc.) for containerized microservices
- 5+ years leading software engineering teams, providing technical expertise.
- In-depth knowledge of software design patterns
- Experience with Software as a Service products and integrating multiple SaaS products.
- Experience with automated delivery pipelines, agile delivery and test-driven development
- Experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced, Agile team environment
- Current with many best-of-breed technologies
- Shows a commitment to quality by implementing suitable software using unit/integration and acceptance testing at the time of feature development
- At some levels, leads code reviews and actively participates in providing feedback on others' designs/code
- Designs and develops practical APIs and abstractions.
- Owns technical debt in their own software
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
We strive for equity, equality, and opportunity for all associates. When we embrace the power of diversity and create an environment where people can bring their authentic and best selves to work, our firm is stronger, and we create greater value for our clients. Our commitment and inclusive programming aim to lift the experience for each associate and builds allies for our global associate community. We know that a sense of belonging is key not only to your success at the firm, but also to your ability to bring your best each day.
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.
This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.