Senior Mechanical Project Engineer
Would you like to join us and help to define the future of global maritime defence capabilities? We currently have a vacancy for a Senior Mechanical Project Engineer at any of my clients sites across the UK, from Portsmouth to Glasgow
As a Senior Mechanical Project Engineer, you will be responsible for providing Mechanical Engineering services to Submarine Build Programmes, projects, bids and improvement initiatives as directed by the Project Engineering Manager Submarines Lead.
This role will provide you with the opportunity of working on one of the UK's biggest strategic assets. You will have the opportunity to complete Chartership and other relevant role-based development.
Your main responsibilities as a Senior Mechanical Project Engineer will involve:
During the design phase:
- Supporting technical investigations, root cause analysis, feasibility and concept studies. Applying engineering theory/technical knowledge to support findings and recommendations including design substantiation via calculation and simulation
- Defining equipment/system technical requirements and acceptance routes. Applying and managing requirements to drive the development of design solutions for mechanical systems, including supplier/OEM management, Change Requests and Concessions
- Applying analysis outputs to demonstrate compliance with safety, functional and performance requirements
During the transition from design to build:
- Assessing and managing the integration of solutions with other engineering systems across the platform in accordance with the Engineering Lifecycle Governance processes
- Resolving production queries as quickly as practicable within safety / design intent
- Line Management of Project Engineers within their respective Engineering Support teams
- Supporting in the application of mandated MOD safety and environmental systems, Systems Engineering Governance, Product Safety & associated Frameworks
- Supporting Production Teams to aid in the application of requirements and standards to ensure they are fully understood and met
Your skills and qualifications:
- Experience of working within an Engineering role supporting submarines or their subsystems/equipment
- Experience of working in complex design programmes
- You must have experience of working on Mechanical systems, Hydraulics, HVAC, Cooling, Valves, Diesel Generators, Variable Ballast Systems, Steam, Transmission, Feed and Modelling
- Must be willing to travel across the UK to different sites at least once a month
- Degree qualified (Mechanical Engineering) or equivalent experience
- Ideally have design software knowledge or willing to learn the desired software package
What we're looking for in you:
You will have good communication skills, both written and verbal. You will have the ability to integrate and converse with a diverse team of professional engineers as well as being able to work with the customer and a wide variety of stakeholders. You must be able to hit the ground running and be capable off owning and setting short term objectives.
Location: Portsmouth or multiple other clinet sites across the UK
If you are interested in this role, please click 'APPLY' and submit your CV for immediate consideration.
All successful candidates will be contacted within two working days of application