IT Infrastructure Engineer - Rotherham - £45K + 5K car allowance
Looking to join a forward-thinking enterprise in a non-corporate environment?
An IT Infrastructure Engineer opportunity has become available at a locally recognised manufacturing company at their Rotherham site to steer and influence their IT operations as they undergo digital transformation.
Key Skills required:
- Windows Server 2019/2016
- VMWare - vSphere, vCenter
- Office 365 / Exchange Server
- Azure AD
- Modern Workplace experience - Intune (MEM)
- Citrix infrastructure
- Storage (SAN)
- Scripting experience - PowerShell
- Networking - LAN/WAN, WLAN, VPN, Firewalls
- Full UK Drivers licence
If would be advantageous if the ideal candidate had strong networking knowledge with Cisco technologies with CCNA certification.
The roles and responsibilities include dealing with escalated tasks from the IT Services team and assisting the IT Infrastructure Manager with project-based work.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Identifying areas of improvement and new technologies that would benefit the company and improve overall efficiency of IT systems, leading to implementation
- Taking over escalated tasks from the IT Services team for 2nd/3rd line tasks
- Maintenance and development of on-prem, cloud and virtual IT infrastructure
- Implement and maintain current and concise documentation of IT systems
- Development of IT monitoring system, ensuring that all systems and monitored successfully and to respond to any alerts
- Visiting other locations around Yorkshire when required
- Working along the IT team to provide and effective IT response to all incidents and requests
You will be joining an IT department of 8 spread across Rotherham, Doncaster, Goole and Darlington. They are also offering an opportunity for an ambitious engineer who is looking to upskill with the latest tech.
Company benefits include:
- Starting salary of £38,000-£45,000
- Annual car allowance up to £4,800
- Training and development - £5K budget per Engineer for training towards certifications
- 20 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), rising up to 25 days with service
- 5% pension scheme, rising to 10% with service
- Opportunity of flexible working
For further details and to apply, please send your up to date CV to Gianluca.sammartano @ circlerecruitment.com for a confidential chat.
Key Words - Microsoft operating systems, IT Infrastructure, Active directory, office 365, networking, cloud, azure, intune, vmware, virtualisation, cisco, ccna, ccnp, itil powershell, south Yorkshire, rotherham, Doncaster, Barnsley, Sheffield, wakefield
Circle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Earn yourself a referral bonus if you refer somebody else who fills the role! We also offer an iPad if you refer a new client to us and we recruit for them. Follow us on Facebook - Circle Recruitment , Twitter - @Circle_Rec and LinkedIn - Circle Recruitment.