Job Profile SummaryGrade H Responsible for supporting software / platform engineering activities (depending on specialism), working with users to capture requirements, using sound technical capabilities to lead the design, development and maintenance of the relevant systems and ensuring compliance with the relevant standards. Specialisms: Software Engineering; Platform Engineering.
Job AdvertROLE SYNOPSIS:
• This role is a senior software engineer in bp’s digital space supporting the Gas and Low Carbon Energy business, developing solutions in the home energy domain to help de-carbonize energy
• You will work alongside a global team of software engineers, BAs, SDETs and others, working together to enhance and maintain bp’s digital applications for the local and global markets
• You will work with business leaders to define the feature roadmap for the local developed features
• You will apply your technical skills in software development, platform engineering and automation
• You will embrace and promote DevOps & SRE methodologies
• Contributes and collaborates in design, implementation, and maintenance of products to support the Gas and Low Carbon Energy business within bp
• Is hands-on and actively contributes to code including ensuring the code quality of junior engineers.
• Work with other engineering teams to create a consistently great user experience
• Adheres to and advocates for software engineering best practices (e.g. technical design, technical design review, unit testing, monitoring & alerting, source code management, code review, documentation),
• Adheres to Agile methodologies and operates and builds DevOps maturity. Ensures delivery of business incremental change safely and reliably using SRE practices.
• Actively contributes to building DevOps maturity, incrementally and measurably improving delivery velocity.
• Contribute to an engineering culture, promoting excellence and minimizing technical debt
• Provide guidance and support for junior developers and take responsibility for overall delivery of the product
• Undergraduate or graduate degree in computer science, other STEM subject or equivalent professional experience
• Continuous learning and improvement mindset (for themselves and others)
• No prior experience in the energy industry required
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Full-stack experience - AngularJS and NodeJS
• Amazon RDS knowledge
• Mulesoft knowledge and experience
• Agile development methologies - CI/CD, TDD
• Deep knowledge and hands-on experience of data structures, algorithm designs, runtime complexity, API design, security and privacy best practices, at scale monitoring, logging & alerting, testing best practices.
• Strong communication skills and ability to talk at all levels across the organization
• Ability to engage and influence is of paramount importance.
• Working globally with multiple teams
• Open source contributions
• Highly responsible, self-motivated, and able to thrive in an energetic, fast paced, high growth environment. • • Exhibits ownership of projects and tasks assigned
• Excellent organizational skills required to adapt to a constantly changing technical environment
• Strong team player with a customer service orientation with the ability to forge relationships at all levels of the company and across diverse cultures
EntityInnovation & Engineering
Job Family GroupIT&S Group
Time TypeFull time
About BPINNOVATION & ENGINEERING
Join us in creating, growing, and delivering innovation at pace, enabling us to thrive while transitioning to a net zero world. All without compromising our operational risk management.
Working with us, you can do this by:
• deploying our integrated capability and standards in service of our net zero and safety ambitions
• driving our digital transformation and pioneering new business models
• collaborating to deliver competitive customer-focused energy solutions
• originating, scaling and commercialising innovative ideas, and creating ground-breaking new businesses from them
• protecting us by assuring management of our greatest physical and digital risks
Because together we are:
• Originators, builders, guardians and disruptors
• Engineers, technologists, scientists and entrepreneurs
• Empathetic, curious, creative and inclusive