Digiterre is a software and data engineering consultancy that enables technological and organisational transformation for many of the world’s leading organisations - be they commodity or energy traders, banks or investment managers, digital disruptors or public sector providers. We envisage, design and deliver software and data engineering solutions that users want, need and love to use. We achieve “Agility. At Greater Velocity” because we care about taking ownership for solving the toughest technical challenges and creating outstanding outcomes. As a consequence of this approach, we typically deliver high-risk, high-profile and time-constrained projects in less time than competitors, often significantly so.
Digiterre has won at least ten different industry awards including Best MiFID II Solution – Trade and Transaction Reporting awarded by HFM European Hedge Fund Services.
Our working culture is highly collaborative, consultative, and respectful. We fully understand our client’s needs as they evolve through the development lifecycle and use modern tools, methodologies, and technologies to enable us to work closely with in-house experts, and their end users, to maximise the benefits to all involved.
We are currently looking for an experienced contract developer with strong Full Stack Development experience with Angular on the front end and NodeJS on the back end to join one of our project teams. Experience in financial services, energy trading or commodities domains is essential.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Working with a dedicated client team to provide software solutions for our clients
- Being the go-to person on the team for front-end development
As a senior developer, you will be expected to perform the following activities:
- Work directly with clients to identify current and future requirements
- Ensure high standards of code quality are met through measures such as peer review and appropriate testing
- Collaborate closely with the Digiterre team and external stakeholders to maintain Digiterre's reputation for quality and service
- Consultancy mindset - demonstrates genuine empathy and desire to work collaboratively to solve customer problems
- Commercial awareness - a desire to use technical skills to drive business improvement and profitability
- Good prioritisation and time management
- A proactive approach to problem solving, taking ownership of issues and having the determination to follow things through
- The ability to present and absorb complex ideas quickly and accurately
- A team player, self-confident and collaborative
- Attitude - enthusiastic, positive, and self-motivated
- Proven and profound experience in front and backend development
- Proven and profound experience in the development of asynchronous systems with distributed state, using streaming protocols like WebSockets or Amazon Kinesis
- Experience with cloud technologies (AWS/Azure)
- Experience with testing & test frameworks
- Experience with Git versioning, clean changelogs
- Experience with application deployment (e.g. Azure build pipelines, CI/CD)
- Experience with databases and DB interfaces (SQL)
- Experience in management and handling of
Our values are Care, Quality and Leadership.
Like all great professional services organisations, our aim is to delight our clients through the delivery of excellence and adherence to the highest levels of accountability in all that we do. In short, through keeping our promises and by over-delivering against our commitments wherever possible. Underpinning those aims is an all-encompassing passion for technology and data-led transformation. We are driven to demonstrate the point that brilliant software and data engineering, which meets the precise requirements of business users is, not only possible, but is the standard against which all initiatives should be measured; without compromise.
We aim to add business value far in excess of the cost of delivery, project after project. We are constantly seeking to hire additional team members who, like us, celebrate continuous learning and who want to work in a high-respect environment to contribute significantly to delivering the change that our clients have come to expect of Digiterre.