At Lantum, we are transforming how the global healthcare system connects with its people. By empowering healthcare organisations with a holistic tool to mobilise their workforce, our platform provides an elegant & efficient solution to the very real problem of staff shortages, fatigue and its impact on clinical efficiency.
Why is this role a important to us?
Lantum’s software is at the centre of the value we offer to our clients. Our entry into a new market and ability to leverage product-led growth is highly dependent on the team you will be joining. To enable us to deliver more, we are doubling our engineering team in 2021.
We are looking for a senior engineer with enough experience to support and mentor others, as well as still executing reliably and consistently their own work. They will collaborate with product, design other engineers to implement new features and engineering improvements.
What you'll be doing
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Designers and other Engineers to design and develop high impact features and improvements to our product
- Regularly ship iterative solutions with minimal guidance and support from other team members
- Develop features and improvements in a secure, scalable, well-tested, and performant way
- Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices. You will maintain and advocate for these standards through code review
- You’ll help identify areas of improvements in the codebase and help contribute to making it better
Why it's great to be a software engineer at Lantum
We have a highly collaborative culture, with frequent pair programming and opportunities to experiment and get things wrong in a safe environment. You'll gain unparalleled exposure working in a cross-functional team with product and design as well as other engineers. As we enter a new period of growth and expansion, this is the perfect time to join a tech for good business where you can make a genuine impact in our success story. We champion the personal development of our people and to that end everyone of our engineers has 2 hours on a weekly basis blocked out in their diaries where they can pursue their own independent learning.
- Experience building and maintaining scalable, performant, and secure applications.
- The ability to ensure quality (through testing or other measures) of the product and code shipped, efficiently, effectively and with a high cadence.
- Strong experience with Python
- Experience with performance and optimization problems and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems.
- Demonstrated capacity to clearly and concisely communicate about complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough iterative solutions.
- The ability to identify key issues that inhibit a team’s effectiveness and the ability to deliver product improvements at pace.
- Experience providing guidance or mentorship to more junior engineers.
- A predisposition to thrive in a startup environment.
Our tech stack
- React Native
- Python - Django and Flask
- Microservices architecture
- REST and GraphQL APIs
- AWS - PostgreSQL (Aurora RDS), Redis (Elasticache), S3
- Prometheus and Grafana
Not only do we offer a competitive salary but here at Lantum we are committed to our employees professional and personal development.
Our benefits package consists of:
- £200 stipend towards home office equipment to support hybrid working
- Health shield cash plan
- Pension (up to 4% matching)
- An extra day off for your birthday
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Access to Spill, a mental health support app
We want every employee to live the core values of the business:
More than me - Our goals are too big to achieve on our own, it takes diverse skills and various people to achieve greatness.
Care a lot - Doing the right thing is not optional (even when no one is watching). We care a lot about each other, our users, the NHS. We hold each other to the highest standards and earn our reputation every day.
See it thru - An endless pursuit of excellence. We take pride in planning and execution of all types of work - we are not deterred by bumps in the road or adversity, we relish the challenge and we keep going.
Think around corners - We stay ahead of the curve at all times, All of us share a responsibility to challenge the status quo, think out of the box, think creatively, turn problems on their head and turn weaknesses into strengths, it takes deep thought and analytical firepower.
Bounce back & learn - Having a positive mental attitude, resilience, determination to learn and improve. It is better to try and learn than not try at all and being open to changing from what you learned is what makes us successful.
We believe that a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are. Everyone is welcome — as an inclusive workplace, our employees are comfortable bringing their authentic whole selves to work. Be you. All you need is a passion and a desire to be part of our mission.