Physiotherapist Functional Assessor
Annual salary range 39,500 to 46,300* + excellent benefits
Hours of work Full or part time available, Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm, with hybrid working
Do good. Be great as a physiotherapist.
Are you a physiotherapist who wants to continue helping people but needs a better work life balance? At Maximus, you dont need to compromise. Join our Centre for Health and Disability Assessments (CHDA) business, as a Physiotherapist Functional Assessor and use your clinical skills in a different way to help people move forward with their lives.
Our healthcare colleagues are the driving force of our business. Thats why, as part of our team, you wont be expected to work long days, do night shifts or take work home. Instead, youll work in a pattern that gives you a genuine work life balance plus the flexibility to make long-term decisions about your future career.
Youll benefit from our newly implemented hybrid working scheme, where youll have the flexibility and support to work in the office and at home. On top of that, you can expect a wide range of benefits designed to help you achieve great things:
- A competitive starting salary of 39,500 - 46,300, location depending
- Following a successful 6 month probation, move into the Extended Practitioner role and receive a salary increment of between 2,100 - 2,400, depending on location
- Supportive working environment with ongoing CPD support
- Plenty of exposure as you develop your skills and clinical knowledge
- Opportunities to explore other roles
- Regular feedback and a coaching tool to help you deliver quality outputs for customers
- Connect with the wider business including the opportunity to join colleague network groups
- Core benefits like our healthcare cash plan
- Voluntary benefits so you can pick the plans that are right for you and your family
What youll be doing as a physiotherapist
Day-to-day, youll carry out assessments to understand how a person's disability or health condition affects their daily life. Youll listen sensitively to their experiences, ask questions and use your insights to produce a factual report to help the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) determine their eligibility for benefits. Its important work that has a big impact on real lives, so well make sure you get the time you need with each customer so you can deliver a quality and respectful service.
Itll be challenging at times, but well support you to manage your caseloads efficiently to deliver the best service for our customers.
What we look for in physiotherapists
- An HCPC registered physiotherapist with 1 years broad post-registration experience
- Proactive and keen to learn
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable working towards team and individual targets, in a supportive environment
- Comfortable working with a diverse range of conditions, including mental health
From working with a diverse range of customers to handling challenging situations, this role is a fantastic opportunity to hone your assessment skills and develop your clinical knowledge, while helping people move forward with their lives.
Due to COVID 19 most of our physiotherapists are currently undertaking telephone assessments until we can resume face-to-face assessments.
*Starting salaries for physiotherapists
Outside London: 39,500
In and around London: 46,300
Where reasonable, we will review and consider adjustments for those applicants who express a requirement for them during the recruitment process.