Requisition ID 30691
Position Type FT Permanent
Posting Type LI
Kerry employees are problem solvers. We seek innovative ideas to drive business growth and create new opportunities to nourish the planet's growing population through responsible, sustainable, and ethical practices.
Our expertise and offerings now include the customisation and production of ingredients, flavours and technologies across the food, beverage, and pharmaceutical industry.
All day, every day, we draw on our values of commitment, teamwork, excellence, entrepreneurship, and value creation as we partner with other industry leaders to bring better food, beverage, and pharma products to consumers around the world.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Senior Buyer to join the team. This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced Procurement professional looking to take on a more senior role. This role reports to the Procurement Director.
- Responsibility for spend within the assigned categories
- Develop regional strategies for the assigned categories with guidance from the Procurement Director.
- Participate in and run e-tenders and supplier negotiations
- Lead sustainability initiatives for assigned categories
- Supplier Relationship Management and Supplier and material strategy development
- Oversee supplier quality assurance for their category
- Ensure supplier compliance for required standards of business (Supplier Quality, Insurance, SEDEX, etc)
- Working Capital Management
- Design through to deploy for savings projects, supplier initiatives, category strategy
- Supplier Benchmarking and workshops (Savings and New Product Development)
Qualifications and skills
- Honours University Degree in Business, Procurement, or related field.
- 5+ years Procurement Experience
- Strong numerical and data analysis ability in order to produce and interpret adhoc reports from raw data, with excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a drive to take on new responsibilities and embrace change in a fast-paced environment
- Proven track record of taking initiative and delivering projects by partnering with other business functions, suppliers, and customers