PRS Procurement Officer – Romford (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £20.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
- To understand the challenges and complexities around homelessness today, the impact that homelessness has on families and single people and have a commitment to addressing housing issues and reducing homelessness.
- To acquire a sufficient supply of private sector accommodation to address and minimise homelessness in Havering, providing accommodation of a suitable type, size and location to meet the requirements of clients in housing need.
- To assist the Housing Supply Lead in strengthening the Councils role in the private housing sector to promote and operate initiatives under the Council’s Housing Solutions team and Local Lettings Agency.
- To develop effective marketing and procurement strategies to maximise the number of suitably affordable private rented accommodation available to the Council.
- Provide a high-profile single access point for all private housing options for people who want to rent, buy affordable housing products or need help to prevent them losing their home in the private sector
- To provide advice, support and encouragement to landlords with homes to let and increase the number of landlords and letting agencies that work with the Housing Solutions Team.
- To develop and maintain effective relationships with new and existing landlords and letting agents.
- Contribute to research and service development of the Housing Solutions team, PRS and Local Lettings Agencies
- To develop and maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the different housing options available to service users seeking accommodation and systems of access to housing of all types including; the private rented sector, intermediate housing schemes, and supported housing.
- To maintain relationship with landlords and letting agents so that the Council to reduce the use of temporary accommodation and prevent homelessness.
- To assist in the promotion and delivery of initiatives aimed at helping local people who want to rent a private property, buy affordable housing products or need help to prevent them losing their home in the private sector.
- To be responsible for delivering the Council’s procedures to end its prevention and relief duties and also discharge its duty to persons placed in temporary accommodation that is owed an interim S.188 and full S.193 housing duty.
- To contact, negotiate and liaise with private sector landlords, agents, Housing Associations and developers to acquire a supply of suitable accommodation on reasonable terms.
- To administer landlord the Council’s, find your own scheme in accordance with Council policy and procedure. Including preparation of documents relating to the find your own scheme (rent deposit scheme)
- To provide the Manager with information required to process any claim made under the rent deposit scheme
- To assist local households with an identified housing need, move into PRS
- Providing help to privately renting households affected by changes to the housing benefit system
- To support the Housing Supply Lead to undertake the annual Landlords Forum, including event planning, promotion and agenda for the forum, and ensure a high attendance amongst relevant providers.
- To consult landlords about their needs and information requirements and develop the service and provide best practice advice and information in response and ensure that the website information is up to date.
- To provide support to landlords through participation in forums and contributions to newsletters and website information.
- To contact, negotiate and liaise with private sector landlords, agents, Housing Associations and developers to acquire a supply of suitable accommodation on reasonable rents.
- Communicate clearly both verbally and in writing using appropriate language and methods of communication in a polite and approachable manner to ensure information is received, understood and acted upon.
- To proactively manage and be responsible for own workload.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Parbej Miah .