Are you looking to work in an early years/ childcare environment?
Are you passionate about supporting the development of children and watching them thrive?
Empowering Learning are currently recruiting for enthusiastic and motivated individuals in Shrewsbury who are looking for an opportunity to progress in their early years career.
The nursery is looking for 2 permanent Room Leaders in the Baby and Toddler room to work full time starting immediately!
To be successful you will need:
- A minimum of a level 3 qualification in Childcare, Early Years or Health and Social Care (ESSENTIAL)
- A current enhanced DBS on the Update Service
The key day-to-day tasks include:
- Plan and prepare fun daily activities meeting the curriculum planning according to EYFS.
- To support the team members to have the specific knowledge and skills required to work effectively with children of this age.
- Formulate and operate a programme of activities that meet the individual needs and interests of children in your area in conjunction with other team members and the Manager.
- Changing nappies or toileting, tidying room and cleaning equipment.
- To keep records of your key children's development and learning journeys, share this with parents, carers and other key adults in the child's life and institute for parents, in conjunction with the Manager.
- Support all staff to engage in good team working.
- Support team members to seek out any training or support they may require to fulfill their roles and responsibilities.
- Support new team members through inductions in partnership with the Manager.
- Ensure all record keeping is accurate and up-to-date within your designated area, including learning journeys of all children in your room, sleep charts, accident forms, daily record sheets and any other forms/records required for the child's welfare, learning and development.
What you'll get in return
- Dedicated consultant to answer ask questions and to provide support where required
- Competitive rates of pay
- Holiday pay and pension contributions per week
- £150 worth of high street vouchers when you refer a friend
To apply please submit your CV or contact Bethany at Empowering Learning Midlands on .
Empowering Learning Ltd is a committed Equal Opportunities Employer and therefore will not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation. Please note that successful applicants will be asked to apply for an enhanced DBS check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.