About the team
Bulb is here to help our members cut their energy bills and reduce their carbon emissions. Our product teams make that happen. We’re developing products that will deliver the future of energy - from using AI to read energy meters, to making carbon offsetting fun and simple, from finding out how to get the most from Smart Meter data to helping people get paid for their solar energy. We also power the sign-up journey that helped us become the fastest growing company in the UK last year and the internal tools that let us deliver an excellent Trust Pilot score.
We work in project-based sprints in integrated teams and encourage an open and transparent working environment.
The following pods are hiring Full-Stack Engineers:
Energy Specialist Technology
We enable the Energy Specialist team to provide the best member service in the energy industry. You'll be using technology in interesting ways to automate tasks, simplify workflows, and build improvements to members experiences across products to reduce the need for them to get in touch with us. We're always on the lookout for making things better as we grow.
The number of people that have their energy supplied by Bulb has grown 1,000% per year and we're on a trend to do the same this year. Join the pod that's working on driving this growth as part of a multidisciplinary team working across the full stack, and help tackle exciting challenges, ambitious opportunities, and powerful products - such as the journey customers use to switch their energy, the most visited Bulb product Bulb.co.uk and more!
At Bulb we want to hire people with the experiences necessary to get going quickly, but who are also interested in learning new things and are comfortable working in a changing environment.
* You take pleasure from clear code, see writing tests as an integral part of the development process and understand the benefit of writing code and tests in small increments.
* You are keen to learn new technologies and have ideas about how we do things better
* You like solving both real world and technical problems
* You are an enthusiastic team player who enjoys collaborating across teams and departments
* You are passionate about learning and personal growth.
At Bulb we use a wide variety of technologies. While we have core technologies that we work with, we're always trying to pick the best tool for the job, and are always looking at what's on the horizon.
Our stack currently includes:
Google Cloud Platform
We use Git for source control, write tests and run continuous integration, and review each other’s code through pull requests.
Teams at Bulb are cross-functional, self-organized and autonomous pods.
You’ll be working within a growing cross functional team composed of specialists with backgrounds in DevOps, Engineering and Security.
We practice Scrum/Kanban and work lean.
Work is not siloed, you’re able to commit across the stack, and you have a view of all the features the teams are working on.
We use data to drive continuous improvement in our development process and we review this data in our fortnightly retrospectives.
- Be part of a growing technology startup and help shape the future of energy.
- Training budget of £1000 a year, plus five working days to spend on professional or personal development. You can use this for training courses, books or conferences.
- 33 days holiday a year (including bank holidays) and the option to buy up to 5 more.
- After a year at Bulb, you can take an additional month of unpaid leave to travel, work on personal projects or simply to recharge and reboot.
- 12 weeks of full pay for maternity, paternity or adoption leave.
- Every team member has the option to buy shares in Bulb at a later date, at a discounted price. We all own a bit of Bulb.
- Activities to improve your mental and physical well being including office yoga and meditation.
- Private health care with Vitality
- Pension plan with employer contributions, and a cycle to work scheme.