We are looking for a Lunchtime Supervisor to join our team at Harris Academy Wimbledon.
Harris Academy Wimbledon opened in September 2018. We are a new, co-educational 11-18 school for the South Wimbledon area. We currently have years 7, 8 , 9 and 10 students and will build year by year with an intake of 180 students in each year group. In November 2020, we moved to our brand new building on High Path which is furnished with excellent facilities.
Harris Academy Wimbledon promotes high levels of academic achievement across the curriculum, encourages participation in extra-curricular opportunities and empowers students to make decisions wisely. The curriculum is rich, diverse and personalised ensuring every student achieves his or her true potential. Academic success goes hand-in-hand with a rich variety of enrichment and extra-curricular activities; these activities help foster a spirit of aspiration, resilience and joy in learning.
Professional learning is at the heart of academy supporting all staff in their development. The academy has a growth mindset approach where industry and commitment are seen as cultural virtues. Development of resilience, self-esteem, managing risks/consequences and the ability to work effectively together all form a key part of the pastoral provision.
Main Areas of Responsibility
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Undertake direct supervision of students in the dining hall.
- Supervise conduct of students, ensuring safe and orderly conduct.
- Promote and ensure school rules are met and that health and safety procedures are maintained.
- Supervise students entering and leaving the dining hall.
- Ensure students have good table manners.
- Ensure students are returning trays and disposing of waste as appropriate in the bins provided.
- Clean up spillages or debris around the dining areas to ensure the maintenance of good order, discipline and safety, wipe down tables inside and outside at the end of lunch time and sweep the floor
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
- Be aware of and support diversity and ensure equal opportunities for all.
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the academy.
- Appreciate and support the role of other professionals
- Attend and participate in relevant meetings as required
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the level of the post, as required to ensure the efficient and effective running of the dining areas
Qualifications & Experience
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of working with secondary age children
- Experience of working with children who may have additional needs
- The ability to encourage and inspire young people
- Good organisational skills
- Effective team working skills, understanding academy roles and responsibilities and own position within these
- The ability to use own initiative
- The ability to work in a flexible way
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact us via e-mail, or call to arrange a conversation.
Before applying, please download the Job Pack for full details on the job responsibilities and person specification. You will need this when completing your application.
Please note: we may hold interviews as and when applications are received and we reserve the right to offer to a candidate prior to the closing date. We only accept applications submitted online via our careers website and which are completed before the closing deadline. With this in mind, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible and advise you check the job information as per the listing on our careers site.
Professional Development & Benefits
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level to senior leadership.
We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.
In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes our Harris Allowance, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan and many other benefits.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. Before applying, please review our Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.
The Harris Federation is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
As a provider of employment and education, we value the diversity of our staff and students, and all our staff are equally valued and respected. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff.