Do you want to join one of the fastest growing and most exciting fintech businesses in Scotland?
Beeks Group is an AIM listed global business delivering low-latency computer, connectivity and analytics exclusively within global capital markets and financial services and have an international network of over twenty data centres, supporting our retail and institutional customers.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Java Full Stack Developer to join us at our state-of-the-art new Head Office in Renfrew which includes a gym with top spec equipment, a personal trainer weekly, the Beeks Bar and Coffee shop ‘Ophelia’s’, pool table facilities and a weekly massage therapist to look after you.
About the Role
You will be working within a small, multi-disciplinary engineering team to deliver innovative, high-performance solutions that help to analyse the performance of Beeks customers’ electronic trading applications.
You will have the opportunity to contribute to a variety of projects at some of the world’s largest financial organisations.
An experienced but flexible Java Full Stack developer, you should have a genuine passion for technology and be keen to learn new skills and adapt to challenges. As a key member of a small team within the larger organisation, you need to be self-disciplined able to work independently but also work well within a team.
- Maintaining and enhancing stable Java software.
- Helping to design and implement new features and components.
- Producing and maintaining React plugins/custom panels for Grafana
- Participate in the full lifecycle of the product development process – roadmap, requirements analysis, design, implementation to delivery.
- Assisting product support team to diagnose and remediate live problems.
- Keep up with industry standards and promote best practices within the team.
- API design.
- Strong core Java development experience.
- Full-stack development – React, TypeScript.
- Performance profiling.
- Test-driven development.
- Agile development team participation.
- Working with the Spring framework.
- Developing and working with REST APIs.
- CI/CD - Jenkins.
- Proficient with XML, JSON and JSON Schema.
- Track record of practical problem solving, excellent communication, and documentation skills.
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- In-depth experience with scalable, distributed systems and an ability to think through and plan for their lifecycles, edge-cases, interactions and graceful degradation during failure.
- Database interaction and tuning.
- Data observability frameworks – e.g. Grafana, OpenTelemetry.
- Mechanical sympathy.
- Practical knowledge of Linux operating system internals and TCP/IP networking.
- DevOps tools – Docker, Kubernetes, Puppet, Ansible.
- Experience with event-driven systems – Kafka, ActiveMQ.
- Statistical analysis.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Share option scheme – an opportunity to have a tangible financial stake in the work that you do.
- Flexible Work Hours (3 days on site per week)
- Life cover (4 x salary)
- Training Allowance
- Enhanced Maternity Leave
- A casual work environment.
- 28 days annual leave (plus floating public holiday allowance).
- Hybrid working pattern home/office (an average of 3 days a week in the office for local candidates).
- Private Health Insurance including dental.
- On-site gym and PT Sessions
- On-site massage therapist
- Free fruit throughout the office