Who We Are
Boston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we help clients with total transformation-inspiring complex change, enabling organizations to grow, building competitive advantage, and driving bottom-line impact.
To succeed, organizations must blend digital and human capabilities. Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives to spark change. BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management consulting along with technology and design, corporate and digital ventures—and business purpose. We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, generating results that allow our clients to thrive.
As a seamlessly integrated part of the BCG network, we provide consulting services focused on the development and implementation of business-critical IT architecture and digital solutions. We create technology platforms and deliver exceptionally customized solutions of the future for our clients, from data strategies to next-generation customer journey solutions and transformational business models. We solve the most daunting challenges that companies face today and envision for tomorrow. Our style is entrepreneurial – nimble and innovative, with multifaceted, cross-functional teams and completely vendor-independent. Our unique selling proposition is technology expertise and delivery excellence.
Platinion was founded in 2000. Since then, we have grown continuously and successfully. Today we have offices in Europe, North and South America, Asia Pacific and Africa.
Practice Area Profile
What You'll Do
At BCG Platinion we're keen to engage with experienced, passionate and creative IT Architects who will help us unlock our client’s digital potential and ignite change. Meaningful work is at the core of everything we do. We build unique solutions to the complexities our clients face, while providing our people with opportunities to explore and grow. A community of leading experts, BCG Platinion team members have a natural springboard for professional growth and deeper opportunities to excel.
As a Senior IT Architect you will work alongside a bold, energetic and collaborative team. You will evaluate and coach our clients' technology teams, define technology strategies, architecture solutions and help us design the future. You will develop and grow by being exposed to new and complex challenges daily. Together with our clients, you will develop superior digital and technology concepts and architecture solutions as well as support technical implementations actively and on site, applying your sound technical know-how, your understanding of business contexts, and your analytical and conceptual skills.
What You'll Bring (Experience & Qualifications)
- At least 4 years of experience as a Technical/Solution Architect
- Prior IT consulting experience preferable
- Expertise in full architecture development life cycle
- Proficient in one or more open stack programming languages (ideally a full-stack development background)
- Overview of common development methods and tools DevOps practices and Continuous Improvement
- Ability to balance dogmatism and pragmatism to guide decision making. Articulate trade-offs and drive high-impact technology decisions on topics including (but not limited to) IaaS/PaaS providers, container orchestration, service mesh, API gateways, and commercial vs. open source software.
- Micro services topologies, including operational concerns such as resiliency, observability, discovery and routing, security etc.
- Have experience with legacy integration and remediation (facades, strangler approaches, et. al.)
- Deep understanding of different integration patterns and best practices such as events, synchronous vs. asynchronous
- University degree with above-average academic performance in a mathematical-scientific field, information technology, or business administration