Rio has a number of large and varied bespoke enterprise applications and products to develop for both our clients and ourselves. As a result, we are looking for talented developers living permanently in the UK and wanting to permanently work remotely.
You will work within our team delivering high quality, readable and maintainable solutions that meet or exceed our customer's requirements and are completed on time and within budget. You'll also be committed to bringing Rio's software to the next level of performance, resiliency, stability and supportability.
We know how frustrating it can be to be building something without a clear understanding of the requirements so all of our projects are prefaced with a detailed set of requirements and our business analysts are always on hand to answer any questions about the requirements.
Almost all of the projects we work on are some form of web application and therefore as a full stack developer, you'll be working on everything from complex SQL queries to React components and everything in between as well as helping out with deployments and support.
Software development for us isn't just about writing new code, we support systems that we've written for many years after development on them has been completed so you should be the kind of person that gets just as much job satisfaction from fixing bugs or adding features to existing projects as you do from working on greenfield projects.
We've been working remotely for years yet we collaborate a lot so you'll be expected to help others to complete their work and seek help from others when you need it too. This extends to an ongoing commitment to learning, with old and new technologies willingly learned as necessary to perform well in the role and new knowledge keenly shared with your colleagues. Every day is interesting and varied here so we offer the stability and comfort of a long term position without sacrificing variety and personal development.
Required Technical Competencies
- 2 years+ working with .NET Core (C#) in a web application context
- 2 years+ working with SQL (MSSQL or MySQL/MariaDB preferred)
- 1 year+ working with ReactJS or a similar library
- Collaboration - Leverage our collective genius, be a team.
- Transparency - Be real. Treat the client's money as your own.
- Accountability - Recognise that if it is to be, it’s up to me
- Passion - Show commitment in heart and mind
- Advocacy - Earn trust and demonstrate integrity
- Quality - Ensure what we do, we do well.
So what's in it for you?
Aside from providing an environment that is challenging yet supportive and collaborative, we offer:
- Competitive Salary (typically £35,000 -£55,000 depending on experience)
- Fully remote working with some flexibility
- 25 days paid holiday + bank holiday
- 5 wellbeing days (for sickness, mental health) or emergencies - paid regardless of whether you use them or not.
- Annual Tech allowance
About Rio IT Ltd
A group of hard-working, time conscious, professional and dedicated developers working on commercial projects for a range of clients across a range of different industries. On a daily basis, our team are working with our clients to solve their business problems or to realise business opportunities.
We use an efficient project delivery process to minimise project admin to allow for more time to be spent working on the solution and with the client.
From a project management system for a construction company to e-learning platforms to real-time vehicle and asset tracking, no two projects at Rio are ever the same yet we approach all of them by putting the client's business requirements first and the technology second.
We believe in continuous improvement at the business, team and personal level and encourage everyone to voice their ideas.