***Please note this is a remote position that can be based anywhere in the UK***
At Scandit, we develop real-time computer vision solutions for smartphones, wearables and robots that combine modern machine learning approaches with computer vision. To expand our engineering team, we are looking for a full-stack engineer to work on our analytics infrastructure.
Our analytics infrastructure handles non-trivial amounts of data: tens of billions of analytics events from hundreds of millions of devices. Our analytics database of choice is Clickhouse which we use to aggregate data in near-realtime. To help us handle another 10x increase in scale, we are looking for someone to continue improving the analytics pipeline and develop new ways to present our data in analytics dashboards.
What You Will Do
- Add features to our serverless API written in Python
- Build our customer-facing dashboard in React/TypeScript
- Refactor our applications written in Ruby on Rails
- Build a new data warehouse from scratch
- Deploy to Kubernetes from GitLab CI
- Set up end-to-end integration tests to make sure making changes is worry free
Our Tech Stack
- Existing Ruby on Rails and Python for new projects
- Clickhouse is our analytics database of choice
- MySQL and PostgreSQL for relational data
- AWS, Kubernetes
How We Work
- Your home will be the Web & Infrastructure team which we call a chapter
- We work in cross-functional feature teams called squads
- Our team speaks English and is located in Switzerland, Finland and Poland
- We start every team meeting discussing new technologies, not problems
- Scrum with 2-week sprints
- Most of the team uses macOS but are proficient with Linux
- GitLab Premium for code hosting and reviews as well as CI
- Jira for ticket management
- Confluence as a wiki for documentation
- Slack for conversations
- Google Workspace for email, calendar, documents
- Zoom for video conferencing
Who We Are
Scandit enables enterprises and consumers to change the way they interact with everyday objects and augment the physical world with real-time data captured by scanning barcodes and recognizing text, objects, and other visual identifiers using smartphones, tablets, wearables, drones and robots.
Scandit’s mobile data capture platform is built on proprietary computer vision, augmented reality, and machine learning technologies. Companies in industries such as retail, transportation & logistics, manufacturing, and healthcare can use Scandit’s technology to create and power mobile apps for crucial enterprise workflows like mobile point of sale, mobile shopping, self-checkout, inventory management, and proof of delivery.
Many of the world’s most innovative and successful companies are benefiting from Scandit’s enterprise-grade mobile data capture platform, including Sephora, Nissan, DHL, and Levi Strauss & Co.
Scandit was founded by a group of researchers from ETH Zurich and MIT. The company is headquartered in Zurich and is also represented in Boston, London, Warsaw and Tampere. Over the years, our company has evolved into a world-class team of mobile image processing, computer vision, machine learning and “Internet of Things” experts from around the globe.
“Everybody is welcome here” - Is a celebrated component of our DNA.
At Scandit we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be a safe space for all.
All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed.