The Corporate Workspace Technology area is currently hiring for the role of Full Stack Java Developer.
As a Java Developer, you will be responsible for hands-on development experience in Java, J2EE, Web Services, Frameworks and UI Technologies all phases of the software development lifecycle. The ideal candidate should have the skills listed below but in addition should be a self-driven, dedicated individual who works well in a team and thinks and acts strategically. When faced with a problem, the candidate should be able to ask questions and leverage the skills and expertise of those around them.
- Responsible for the development, maintenance and support of multiple distributed applications
- Translate high-level business requirements on multiple, complex requests into detailed functional, technical, and system specifications
- Test software designs and solutions (including debugging and troubleshooting)
- Provide assistance and guidance during the QA & UAT testing phases to ensure test cases are appropriate and determine the root cause and best resolution of escalated issues.
- Work with data management team and data providers to communicate and define any data and reporting requirements.
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or related field required
- 2 - 4 years of experience in developing applications including Java
- Experience in Spring, Flex, JSP, Servlets,
- Experience in Services and interfaces - SOAP, RESTful services
- Solid understanding of Sybase, DB2 and/or other DBMS
- Solid understanding of Directory Technology - LDAP
- Experience with writing SQL to perform data querying and analysis
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written. Capable of collaborating effectively across a variety of IT and Business groups, across regions and different roles.
- Good customer service skills. Ability to deal with difficult situations/individuals gracefully
- Financial services knowledge is preferred
- Experience in GIT, perforce or other source control systems preferred
- Experience in MQ services preferred
Genpact is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Genpact is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation. For more information, visit www.genpact.com. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube.