Why work with Formedix
We’re a vibrant, pioneering software company, and we’ve developed a unique cloud-based automation platform for the pharmaceutical industry. Our software helps pharmas, CROs and biotech companies build clinical trials much faster and more efficiently, by automating manual tasks. So it helps our customers make a real difference to people’s lives, by getting medicines to market much sooner. Our platform was even used to determine safety and effectiveness in several COVID-19 vaccination studies. And you could play a part in this too!
What’s in it for you?
Here’s some of the employee benefits you can expect if you join us:
- 4 day working week - for the same pay!
- The option to work remotely, in the office, or a balance of both.
- Flexible working - a 34 hour week, with core hours of 10am to 3.30pm.
- 32 days holiday a year (annual leave and public holidays combined). And because we do a 4 day week we actually benefit from an equivalent of 8 weeks paid holiday every year.
- Private medical insurance.
- City centre office on Bath Street.
- Monthly socials and twice yearly parties.
About the role
You will be an enthusiastic, talented, and ambitious full stack web developer with a curious mind, who wants to work in a fast-paced role within our new “labs” prototyping group for experimental development. The group’s key purpose is to move fast, experiment, and innovate.
You’ll work outside our existing development team, freed from the usual processes that slow things down. You’ll collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to develop ideas and build proof of concept prototypes on top of our graph database. Our front end is AngularJS/Angular, but if you can prototype within that using a different framework, go for it! Whatever works for you. Your analytical skills will enable you to work your way systematically through ideas, investigating what works, where the complications are, and how we can solve them.
You will thrive on varied work such as prototyping enhancements within our core platform, manual investigation of API integrations with other systems, and determining real-life use cases for new technologies. This isn’t just a coding role - your ability to think through and communicate ideas is as important as your coding chops.
If you’re looking for something a bit different, have a passion for data, and think you can help drive the innovation we need, let’s talk.
- Rapid prototyping of ideas, in product and on paper
- Become a domain expert, developing market knowledge and collaborating with industry
- Understand and communicate complex ideas and how they can be applied to our product
- UI development within an Angular codebase
- Sufficient devops to build and execute your own full stack Angular web apps
- Graph DBs (e.g. Neo4j/Cypher) and knowledge graph is a huge plus
- Creation of domain specific languages is a plus
- JVM-based Scala or Java-based software development
- Passion for self-directed exploration of ideas
- Analytical / research mindset
- Ability to present complex ideas in a simple way
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences