Full Stack Developer - Glasgow
We are currently looking for an experienced Full Stack Developer to help us develop iCIM, our online 3D digital twin platform for communities and cities.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of commercial software development experience
- A degree in computer science or a related scientific field
- Excellent knowledge of web application architecture
- Experience designing and implementing web APIs
- Experience and demonstrable programming skills with:
- ASP.NET Web API and/or ASP.NET Core
- A modern front-end framework, such as React
- Solid understanding of unit testing practices and tools
- A passion for clean code and implementing elegant solutions
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous experience mentoring and coaching junior developers
If you have knowledge, experience or a keen interest in some of the following areas, we’d love to hear from you:
- 3D graphics on the web using WebGL / Three.js
- Microsoft Azure or other cloud platforms
- PostgreSQL or another modern RDBMS
- Spatial databases or GIS development
In return, we offer the chance to work for a dynamic company in an exciting and supportive working environment; we will reward you with a competitive salary; private health care; a contributory pension scheme; life insurance, enhanced maternity and paternity pay, flexible start times and hybrid working options.
To apply for the role please send a covering letter stating the skills you have from the requirements listed above and an up to date CV to [email protected]
Early application is encouraged and IES reserves the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
At IES we have been working in Climate Tech for the last 27 years and we consider the fight against Climate Change a moral imperative that drives all our decisions. We value People, Purpose and Innovation. We offer a flexible and supportive working environment and the opportunity to work with a team of friendly, interesting and diverse people from across the globe, who are passionate about what we do.
Our mission is to contribute to conserving the earth’s natural resources for future generations by reducing the carbon emissions of the built environment. IES is at the forefront of cutting-edge technology in the Climate Tech sector. Our Virtual Environment (VE) software is already the only tool that allows designers and engineers to simulate the full performance of a buildings. We are now expanding our portfolio with new solutions to tackle the built environment at any scale.
IES’ technology is supported by integrated consulting services and today its capabilities are expanding from use on individual buildings, to helping create sustainable communities, cities and countries.
We welcome applications from everyone irrespective of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex and sexual orientation. Individuals are treated on the basis of their relevant merits and abilities.
Information on all candidates being considered for roles within the organisation will be handled in accordance with the provision of the General Data Protection Regulations (as amended from time to time). For more information, please see our Recruitment Privacy Statement.