Appcentric is an award winning digital agency based in Birmingham. We specialise in digital product development for clients in a range of sectors including medical, retail and charity / not for profit.
As a small team we work on a wide variety of projects using a number of different technologies. To compliment our growth in 2022 we are recruiting for a new full stack developer to join our expanding team.
Your primary focus will be the development and maintenance of backend services and portals. A commitment to collaborative working and problem solving is essential for this role. You will be involved with the full lifecycle of our applications, including; design, build and implementation through to their ongoing support.
We are looking for a hands-on developer who can communicate comfortably with the client and interact with the project delivery team to fully assess any technical requirements to support both the planning and implementation process. At times the role will be fast-paced, potentially working across multiple projects; an ability to adapt quickly and work to timescales is therefore important.
- Minimum 3+ years working as a professional developer
- Strong knowledge of C# .Net & .Net Core
- Knowledge of front end technologies including HTML, CSS, JS
- Experience working with SQL databases
- Experience building REST APIs
- Good understanding of Source Control technologies (Git)
- Knowledge of cloud based services (Azure, AWS)
- Experience with CMS technologies (Umbraco)
- Understanding of NoSQL technologies (Cosmos DB, Entity Framework)
- £35-£45k Salary Depending on Experience
- 22 Days annual leave per year plus bank holidays and Christmas break where the office is closed
- Company Pension Scheme
- Flexible / Remote working (in office minimum 2-4 days per month)
- Social Events
- Relaxed, Friendly and Team based working environment
- Opportunity to work on a wide range of projects that have positive social impact
- Annual Salary reviews
Typical Day at Appcentric
Most of our team have family commitments, we therefore kickoff the day with a Standup at 9:30am. During this meeting we discuss the tasks for the day and any support we need to provide to our existing clients.
Throughout the day the team is available on Slack and we hold ad-hoc zoom meetings between team members as they are needed. The day closes out at 5:30 with a Stand-down where we discuss any issues that have arisen during the day.
Our offices are located in central Birmingham on the 21st floor of Alpha Tower and are accessible to all team members should you wish to work from the office for the day.
The work and projects are varied, you will be exposed to a number of new technologies and have the opportunity to work with a wide range of clients helping to support their needs.
Stage 1 will be an informal video chat with our CTO to discuss your experience and introduce you to Appcentric. During this stage we will answer any of your questions.
Stage 2 will be a series of technical questions around C#, APIs and front end technologies. Followed by an interview with our Managing Director.
Please note this is a UK based role as you will be required to work from our office in Birmingham 2-4 days per month.
If you think this role is a good fit for you please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected]