Experience level: Mid - Senior
Role: Web Developer, Full Stack Developer
Company size: 7 people
Company type: Private
Preferred Timezone: (GMT) to (GMT+3)
Preferred programming language: Python or .NET
Other considerations are: Go, PHP
Nice to have: Angular or ReactJS or AlpineJS
We’re looking for an experienced web developer to join our multi-disciplinary team including creative designers, UX/UI experts, analysts, developers, programmers, project managers and technical wizards.
As part of an ambitious team you’ll work with a cutting edge tech stack. Continuous learning and applying new and emerging technologies and methodologies make this an exciting opportunity for you to expand and deepen your skills on the job.
Besides web development, you will be deeply involved in the design process - offering feedback and input in meetings with product managers and designers when planning new features and products.
The position is a fully remote work environment.
Experience is important, but our ideal candidate should be able to think for themselves, challenge requirements and be an equal voice in the direction of our codebase and technology choices.
In this role, you would be working in an energetic company with a friendly culture. If this is this role for you, please apply with your CV and covering letter.
Show us how good you are, show off your web development skills by completing our recruitment test, which you can find at https://github.com/AccentDesign/recruitment-full-stack.
Or, just send us some code you're proud of, explaining why its great but what could be done to improve it.
No agencies or software development companies, please.
- Developing, maintaining, and improving our current and new web applications
- Developing web solutions with a focus on User Experience (UX)
- Optimisation of current and new web applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Write robust, clean, and documented code using best practices
- Testing the code and bug fixing
- Minimum 2 years experience developing web applications
- Knowledge about Restful API
- Minimum 2 years experience as a Full-Stack Developer
- Good knowledge of functional programming
- Good knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Experience with Docker
- Good command of version control tools like Git
- Experience working with Agile Development
- Good command of English
- Comfortable working with remote teams
This is a full time 37.5h/week work from anywhere (fully remote) job. This is a long term contract to be part of a great team building great products. We offer flexible hours but require a certain level of overlap with the rest of the team. For this reason, we will consider candidates in timezones GMT to GMT+3.
About the Company
Established in 1990, Accent is a website and software development company, residing in the heart of Norwich, UK. We design and build websites, bespoke business software and mobile apps for clients across multiple sectors, including manufacturing and engineering, event organisation, franchise networks and tour operators.
Please note that we may not respond to applicants who do not include a covering letter.