Full Stack Developer wanting to work for impact-driven AI start-up?...
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer with enthusiasm for new and emerging technologies, who is commercially minded, and excited to work in a collaborative environment . You will be joining a multidisciplinary team composed of AI/ML experts, data scientists, product managers, and technical architects pioneering technology solutions to empower individuals.
As a full-stack developer you are comfortable at different levels of the tech stack including frontend, APIs, backend, and databases. You have strong technical acumen, hands-on experience, a quick learner able to understand different technologies and assess their benefits and trade-offs.
- Developing and taking ownership of our backend platform and APIs using modern languages, frameworks and cloud services.
- Deploying cloud-based applications, services, and models to support our AI/ML use-cases and integrating with third-party services
- Developing hybrid/native mobile and web applications to serve as user interfaces into our platform using no-code platforms
- Designing and implementing systems for high-availability, fault-tolerance, security, and extensibility
- Collaborating with data scientists and domain experts in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Coaching colleagues, sharing knowledge and promoting best practices
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years minimum of hands-on backend software, microservices, algorithms, APIs and data structures development experience using Python frameworks like Flask and Django
- Experience of creating API integrations with 3rd party platforms and services using REST APIs
- Strong experience across a broad range of cloud platform services in either AWS or GCP including compute, storage, load-balancing, monitoring and alerting, serverless architecture, integration and others
- Software development lifecycle experience Git / CICD / Testing / PRs / Promotion / Environments / Ticketing +Auditing / Security tooling / standards / DevOps
- Experience in application deployment using Docker containers and scalable architectures using microservices
- Practical experience in Security operations including identity and access management, encryption in transit and at rest, storage and processing of sensitive personal data
- Working knowledge of mobile application development and different options including native, hybrid, and no-code application development
- Strong database experience in MongoDB NoSQL database, PostgreSQL also desired
- Familiarity with Machine Learning development and deployment workflows
Values & Mindset / Passions
- You are committed to developing others as well as learning from them to expand your own
- knowledge, skills, and self-awareness
- You are a team player who is comfortable engaging diverse technical and non-technical
- You believe in the use of technology as a force for good and have a strong desire to make a
- positive impact on the lives of end users and on society as a whole
- You are positive and enthusiastic to solve difficult problems with creative solutions and
- adapt in entrepreneurial way
- Huge development opportunities - you will be joining a start-up in the early stages with high growth potential
- Annual vacation entitlement: 35 days including bank holidays
- 4.5 day work week
- 3 (paid) days a year for volunteer / charity work
- Flexible working - although our office space is in London, we accommodate a hybrid model including remote working
- A supportive management team dedicated to your personal growth and development
At WHYNESS, we are exploring pioneering solutions and models to empower individuals to uncover new, measurable insights about themselves, to create more fulfilling careers and lives.
Whyness' world-first innovation involves developing and integrating multiple AI models to interpret an individual’s subconscious thoughts and behaviours. These insights will help users identify their personal values and purpose, lead more fulfilling careers, and unlock new levels of motivation and productivity.
We are proud to be backed by Innovate UK, as a recipient of their highly competitive SMART Grant award to support "game-changing and commercially viable R&D innovation that can significantly impact the UK economy". The scope of our initial grant-funded project is to develop an MVP and run a pilot with our initial set of users and customers. We are delighted to be working in partnership with the University of East London for this project.
Despite the increase in "purpose-led" organisations over recent years, most are failing to translate their PR campaigns into action. The way they operate their businesses haven't changed. Profits, growth, and shareholder returns are prioritised at the expense of sustainable development, employee wellbeing, and social mobility. Traditional business and operating models that were designed for rapid growth in a capitalist economy are not fit-for-purpose to tackle the biggest societal challenges, threats, and opportunities we face today.
We believe there is a better way to do business. It requires a fundamental change in the mindset of individuals, at all levels of organisation and particularly amongst executives. It requires reframing what it means to be a successful business.
Our overarching goal is to have an enduring positive impact on everything and everyone we touch - we want to leave users, business, partners, clients, industries, communities, employees, and environments better off than when we started.
How we define and measure success reflects our core values as a business:
- We improve lives - our user-centric approach to product development puts the value to end users at the heart of everything we do
- We make friends, not enemies - we believe in the value of collaboration and trusted partnerships, including with "competitors". We encourage open exchange of ideas and respect and celebrate diverse views
- We have fun at work - we are committed to employee engagement, learning and personal development; life's too short to not enjoy your job and we strive to teach and learn from each other
- We protect our planet - we take sustainability seriously, our environmental and social impact are embedded in every decision we make, from the organisations we work with to the tooling we use to develop solutions
- We look forward positively - as innovators we constantly evaluate market trends and challenge ourselves to think of creative ways to address future challenges and opportunities. We are optimistic about the potential for innovation to drive positive change
If our core values resonate with you, you could be the next member of our team. Skills, Qualifications and Experience are important, but the most important qualities we look for are mindset and attitude. With the right mentality and passion, we believe anyone can learn anything. That's why we look for individuals with a genuine desire to do work that fulfills them and aligns to their personal values and interests.
Whyness encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or social background. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our workplace and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.