Our mission is simple. We're here to create the Worlds go-to Digital Services Marketplace! The services and user experiences we've already created are being used by more than 5,000 agencies, brands and in-house marketing teams all around the world.
To help solve technical engineering challenges and create efficient, reusable code to help scale our platform as we grow. You'll join our small engineering team to maintain solid engineering principles and processes.
FATJOE is a platform that delivers productised marketing services to agencies and marketing teams all over the world. Bootstrapped from launch in 2012, we've hustled our way to become an incredibly scalable company with yearly revenues of $10m+ and a team of almost 150 people structured into Marketing, Operations, Tech and Freelancers.
About The Role
We are looking looking for Mid-Level Full Stack Engineers and a Senior / Tech Lead Engineer who will help lead and mentor our current small team of developers. As a company driven by technology, we're building a close-knit tech team to drive things forward, inspire change and get sh*t done.
- To believe and contribute to our mission of becoming the worlds go-to digital marketing services platform
- Create efficient, reusable code that can be deployed and utilised in many parts of the platform now and in the future
- Contribute to conceiving solid engineering ideas, laying out roadmaps for development and create a user-experience focussed delivery
- Contribute to identifying technical inefficiencies and optimise them for maximum speed and scalability
- Help create and maintain stringent unit testing to verify code behaviour independently from other parts of the system
- Always work to high standards and maintain procedures to help minimise technical debt
- Utilise trouble and debugging skills and techniques to find problems within our existing platform and take the steps to resolve them
The Skills You Might Need
Whilst we use these right now, we're absolutely open to new technologies and skills to help us scale. Let us know what you can bring to the table
- PHP 7.3+
- OOP using frameworks such as Laravel / CodeIgniter
- MySQL / MariaDB
- CSS with SASS (SCSS)
- Version control using GIT
- AWS, pipelines & application deployment
- Unit Testing
- Cypress Testing
Experience That Will Be Useful
- Some demonstrated experience of using server side patterns and languages like PHP (Laravel/CodeIgniter)
- Some experience in managing a hosting environment, including database administration as well as scaling applications to handle load changes
- Adhering to ‘security by design’ principles to minimise attack surface area, establish secure defaults and fail securely
- Some knowledge of accessibility and security compliance
- An understanding of GDPR and its role in application development and data storage
- Experience with version control, such as Git
- Experience in working with stakeholders to create scopes for new project developments
- Good organisation and leadership skills to mentor and drive our engineering talent
- Good with verbal and written communication skills and good interpersonal skills to handle a hybrid home / office working environment
- Experience with creating documentation for code implementation
Now is a great time to join FATJOE. We're just embarking on a 5-year exciting mission inspired with new technology. You’ll get to work with a close-knit team of like-minded ambitious people to help collectively create the world’s go-to Digital Services Marketplace.
Here's just some of the things you can expect from us:
- Negotiable salary between £25-£65k based on experience & role
- WFH / office hybrid working (2-3 days in our Staffordshire based office)
- Yearly Christmas Bonus based on overall company performance
- Company Pension Scheme with Now Pensions
- All the tech you need to fulfil your role to its full potential
- Personal development opportunities based on related skills
- 28 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays
- Unique ‘ground floor opportunity’ to build something amazing for the marketing world
The Hiring Process
- Submit your application here on LinkedIn
- Good fit candidates will be invited to an online pre recorded video interview
- You’ll be invited to an in person interview at our offices in Cannock, Staffordshire
- We’ll onboard successful candidates to meet the team and discuss our 5 year mission
Don’t have the skills required for this job?
No worries. If you think you’re awesome and you have skills, ambition and drive to contribute to FATJOE becoming the world's go-to digital marketing services platform, then get in touch with us via our website at FATJOE.com and tell us how you can help achieve our mission.
We’ll make room for talented and driven individuals that can add value to FATJOE.