We are looking for a Credit Analyst who can help us make better lending decisions, support our growth plans and help even more small businesses.
As mentioned above, our Credit Analysts are responsible for each lending decision made. Their main goals are throughput, processing all applications in a timely manner, and discrimination, accurately assessing the credit risk for each application.
A typical day for you will include:
- Analysing credit data, financial statements and other data sources to determine the level of risk involved in lending.
- Conducting thorough due diligence to ensure affordability of credit in line with internal policy.
- Understanding and accurately capturing the specific revenue and risk drivers for SMEs.
- Adapting your underwriting to match a variety of different businesses, from local bakeries to highly specialised manufacturers.
- Being responsible for making lending decisions independently.
- Being actively involved in improving the decision making framework, through developments to our systems and processes.
- Working closely with the Tech and Analytics team to improve systems and our scorecard to enable us to make better, faster and fairer decisions.
- Communicating effectively with our Account Management team to ensure customer needs are met at all times.
We look for people that are smart, humble, motivated and who are always looking to improve. Ideally, you’ll have:
- A good understanding of how businesses operate, including their main risk and revenue drivers.
- The ability to interpret financial statements to evaluate business performance.
- An analytical mindset with a practical approach to problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills. You will be in direct contact with applicants via phone and email to better understand their business.
- A confident and enthusiastic attitude that works well in a regularly changing and fast paced environment.
- Fluent German speaker with a high level of written and spoken English - note that we require fully fluent German level (i.e. you’ve grown up speaking German or have learnt it to CEFR C2 level or similar).
- A bucket-load of common sense.
We all enjoy:
- A smart, motivated and international team (we represent over 35 different nationalities)
- Every morning we get fully stocked fridges with whatever is needed to strengthen them. There are snacks (both healthy and less healthy) for the whole day
- Once a year our company takes over a ski chalet in winter so that you and your team can ski (and work) for a week. During summer we are drawn to the sun.
- Access to the gym membership program
- Exclusive participation in the daily commute
- Our home is in a nice office in the heart of the big city. In Frankfurt in the beautiful Ostend, our London office is located centrally in Fitzrovia
- Company-wide training courses with internal and external speakers
- 26 days of vacation a year, plus all public holidays, plus a free day for your birthday
- A paid volunteer day that gives you the opportunity to invest time to support a charity of your choice.
- Additional vacation so that you can take more time to travel or study outside of your vacation entitlement.
Our job offer Finance Analyst Business Development (m/f/d) sounds interesting? Then we are looking forward to receiving your application via Campusjäger by Workwise.
With our partner Campusjäger, you can apply for this job in just a few minutes without a cover letter and track the status of your application live.