Our goal is to change how companies globally handle their taxes, and we're committed to building world-class products. We are processing more than 300 million transactions per year and helping clients like Uber, Zoom, Teachable scale their businesses globally.
Our team is fully distributed. We give people the freedom to work wherever and how they want, enable more fluid communication, and put our time where it matters the most - decisions. We are curious, dedicated, and humble. We are building a workplace that fosters inclusivity, openness, and trust, where we can all be authentic and human in everything that we do. We trust the expertise of our employees and give them the freedom to solve complex problems to make taxes simple, automated, borderless, and accessible for the internet economy
We have a suite of API products that automate tax-related workflows for any internet company. Those products are Lookup, Tax, Invoicing, and Reporting.
We may discover novel customer needs as we learn, and spin up new products as needed.
About the role
You will be responsible for growing our commercial relationships with a cohort of new and existing customers and exceeding the associated revenue growth targets with that cohort. By working with clients to ensure the successful initial implementation of our service (in collaboration with our Product and Support teams) you will position yourself as a trusted advisor to them and execute an agreed growth plan for each key customer,
As our client’s primary point of contact you will drive product adoption as well as provide strategic insight, inspire customer satisfaction, and constantly look at ways to improve the overall customer experience.
We are solving one of the largest yet unsolved problems in global e-commerce and looking for people with a hunger for a new challenge and drive to solve a ubiquitous problem for companies selling globally. Our clients range from world-leading SaaS companies to global marketplaces and some of the largest disruptive technology businesses.
What you will be doing:
- Own the relationship post-sales with a range of enterprise customers, from onboarding, training, account development, and retention
- Ensure the Fonoa solution is performing well for our customers and meeting their needs
- Nurture relationships with internal client teams, with a focus on creating trust and value
- Identify commercial opportunities to expand the account, the reach of our solution, and overall create new revenue streams
- Understanding how our product works, taking client feedback to internal teams
- Create and execute account growth plans for key customers
- Applying best in class customer success metrics and processes that allow scaling
You would be a great fit if:
- You are fully proficient in English. Written and spoken, as we are a bunch from around the world, but we work in English.
- You have a strong sense of ownership, you care about what you sell, and that you are selling the right thing that serves your customers.
- Have specific B2B SaaS or Transaction Services experience with a solution that is related to our product offering
- You work in a structured customer success/account management organization.
- Comfortable working autonomously with a solid understanding of what is required to succeed working in a startup environment
- Experienced in managing a mix of enterprise accounts
- Have demonstrable experience where you have improved parts of the customer success experience
If you feel you don’t have the full experience we’re looking for but feel you could be a bit fit, are willing to learn, do apply anyway! We are trying to build a diverse and inclusive team.
- We offer a competitive, above market rate, base salary for this position and remain open to a specific range depending on candidates experience.
- Attractive equity to keep you positively incentivized.
We are builders at heart
We are a collective of independent and deep thinkers.
We are curious, committed, and humble.
We work with dedicated, open-minded people from all backgrounds who bring in their different perspectives to help us on our mission to make taxes simple.
We’re passionate about making a real impact.
We work remotely
We’re building a fully distributed team. We like writing to communicate when meetings are pointless and meet when it matters. This allows us to work flexibly, efficiently, and focus on achieving goals.
We focus on deep work and put our time where it matters the most, decisions.
We trust you to work on your terms. You decide how you work and where you work.
You have ownership over your work that directly influences the roots of our company.
We make taxes simple
We are on a mission to eliminate the manual work when dealing with taxes on online transactions.
We have ambitious goals to make taxes simple, automated, borderless, and accessible for internet businesses around the world.
- 25 days annual leave (plus any local public holidays).
- Top tech gear and flexible budget to build your ideal remote office.
- Bi-weekly lunches paid by Fonoa.
- An unlimited budget for learning is on us. Whether you want to attend a conference, do a course or purchase books or tools, we want to support you as much as we can
- Company offsite 2x per year in attractive locations.
- A book club where you can order any book you would need or like to read
- Weekly fitness sessions with our online trainer
Our ways of working
- Remote work and async, work from anywhere in the world.
- Co-working spaces if you want to switch things up.
- Option to meet team members regularly to do creative work and bond in person.
- The best idea wins; we’re all ears when it comes to ways to do things better.
- Frequent visits to virtual Fonoa HQ and our Fonoa island on Mibo.
- Product first culture
- We are backed by leading VC firms who have invested in many successful companies (Index Ventures and Omers Ventures)
- The size of the market and the opportunity we have is massive, and we’re well placed to be disrupting it.
- Flat hierarchy, open, honest, and feedback-driven principles.
Our take on equal opportunities
Fonoa gives equal opportunities to everyone. We look at individuals for what they bring to the organization and for who they are as people regardless of ethnicity, race, and background.
We currently have over 20 nationalities in our team, we’re continuing to build a diverse team as we want to work with the best people, from all over the world.
Our Hiring Process
We see hiring as a human process. A two-way conversation to see if there is a good fit between you and us. As a startup growing quickly, we also like to keep things streamlined, and currently, our process won’t include a live task, whiteboards or technical assessments.
An idea of your hiring journey with us:
- Meeting with Recruiting to introduce each other and explore mutual interests.
- Follow up via email to cover other questions in a written manner
- 1-hour conversation with the hiring team to get to know each other and see if you would be excited to work together.
- 1-hour conversation with one or more of our co-founders
We aim to give you the best candidate experience, keep you updated and be transparent with our feedback along the way.
If we have convinced you, do apply. And if we haven’t yet, check out some more reasons why you should join us.