ELECTRICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
To c£50k neg dep exp + generous benefits
Our client has been established for more than half a century and specialise in the installation and support of conveyor and automated materials handling solutions for clients throughout the world, and as a result of continued success and an exciting program of strategic growth for 2022 and beyond, are now seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced Electrical Design Engineer to complement their motivated and professional team.
Reporting to the Lead Design Engineer, the electrical design division is responsible for the development of automated warehousing and distribution centres and the enhancement, modification and upgrade of various integrated systems including conveyors and sortation equipment, and the successful electrical design engineer will understand the importance of completing installs to a professional standard, on time and within budget, whilst ensuring compliance with health and safety guidelines throughout.
Core responsibilities for this varied and challenging role will include (but not be limited to):
- Ensuring compliance with company procedures and work instructions, quality processes and any other information that forms part of the deliverables of QHSE management
- Utilising EPLAN to manage the design, BOM creation, layout design and build of panels for automation projects in the Milton Keynes based manufacturing facility
- Assisting the sales team in creating competitive tenders compliant to the customer's requirements
- Undertaking supplier evaluations based on delivery performance
- Assisting in the planning and distribution of the construction phase plan, detailing access requirements, key dates, timescales, and resource requirements and providing technical support to QHSE and conducting site audits to enforce quality assurance across all projects and customers
- Building and maintaining a fully functioning electrical design and panel building department within the organisation in conjunction with the lead electrical design engineer and preparing commercially viable electrical designs and providing assistance in the build of panels in the panel shop.
To be considered for this exceptional opportunity within a genuine market leading operation in their prestigious Milton Keynes facility, it is envisaged that the successful candidate will have attained at least an HND or above in electrical engineering and demonstrate at least 5 years previous experience gained with an electrical design role, ideally allied to the automation sector.
You will be proficient in the use of EPLAN and ideally CMSE qualified, and experienced in reading, analysing, and interpreting work related documents such as schedules, and specifications in order to ensure customer specifications are achieved. You will be flexible to travel (with a full UK driving licence required) and demonstrate excellent communication, problem solving and business acumen skills, and in return, an exceptional remuneration and benefits package are available.
Contact the Electrical Team at Premier Technical Recruitment on or email your cv in confidence to for further details.