HCC are recruiting for a Digital Marketing Officer to sit withing the Economy, Transport and Environment team.
The Visit Hampshire website is often the first point of contact for people searching for a break in Hampshire. It is the first opportunity to make a strong impression on a visitor by showcasing the best of what the county has to offer.
The job purpose is to deliver key elements of the tourism marketing strategy for one of England's most visited counties. The role is responsible for managing the development and delivery of tactical mainstream tourism marketing projects that promote Hampshire's tourism.
The role requires collaboration with local authority and business partners to deliver forward thinking digitally based tourism promotion.
This role is part of the Tourism Team which work within Hampshire County Council's Economic Development Team with the key aim to bring more prosperity to the county.Main responsibilities
* Uses technical expertise and knowledge to proactively co-ordinate the development and management of the Visit Hampshire tourism website/Destination Management System. * Maintain, organise and co-ordinate on-line tourism marketing campaigns, , to drive website traffic and visitor numbers. * Develop and manage on-line content to a high standard in partnership with local authority partners and businesses that effectively promotes Hampshire to visitors.* Effectively implement opportunities to generate revenue from the Visit Hampshire website to contribute to target of 'self funding'.* Responsible for ensuring that all relevant social media channels are utilised to positively promote Hampshire as an attractive visitor destination to appropriate and defined target audiences.* Develop and evaluate systems for the hosting and promotion of the tourism image library, ensuring that they remain fit for purpose.* Act as the principal point of contact for all website and email enquiries, responding to and resolving enquiries in an appropriate and highly professional manner. * Develop, implement and manage strategic initiatives to ensure that the Visit Hampshire brand identity is accurately and effectively represented on local, regional and national e-tourism marketing platforms.* Responsible for monitoring and evaluating the performance of Visit Hampshire website(s), social media channels,and email reporting to Senior Management options for future development.
* Co-ordinates the effective delivery of a range of tourism development and marketing projects, , in conjunction with a range of public and private sector partners* Use technical and professional expertise to produce tourism publications and collateral, liaising with designers, printers and distribution companies.* Develops lively, well written copy that meets exacting high standards for communication channels, publications and the web.* Represents the Tourism Team whilst applying judgement and professional expertise at internal and external meetings.* Use professional expertise and knowledge to contribute to future planning of Visit Hampshire service.* Manage the implementation of a new booking system on the Visit Hampshire website.
Corporate and statutory initiatives - equalities/health and safety/e-government/ sustainability:
* Be aware of current relevant policies, systems and procedures and best practice to provide advice and support within the team, and ensure effective compliance and promote awareness.
Essential Qualifications * HND or Degree in a marketing, or business related subject
Desirable Qualifications * Advanced or Digital CIM qualification, e.g. CIM Professional or Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing; or Diploma in Digital Marketing
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A track record of experience in digital marketing, website development and management experience.
- A track record of of social media (paid and organic), Content Management Systems, Microsoft Office software
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills and ability to understand and use analytical software such as Google Analytics and Google Data Studio
- Project management and to meet targets on time and within budget
- Strong understanding of SEO principles and track record of implementation
- Excellent copywriting and publication production skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Diplomacy and sensitivity to the political environment of the role
- A confident, adaptable self-starter with excellent organisational, presentation skills and a can do attitude.
- Highly organised with excellent planning and multi-tasking skills
- Strong communication skills with an ability to communicate effectively at all levels in the organisation and with external stakeholders
- Team player
- Calm under pressure
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Experience* Photography skills are highly desirable* Photoshop and InDesign skills are highly desirable.* Destination marketing experience* Excellent knowledge of world tourism issues* Good knowledge of Hampshire's tourism offer.
Working Conditions:* Hybrid working with a mixture of working remotely or in the office, with some requirement to travel to meetings* Moving and handling of objects, monthly requirement, up to 5kg* User of display screen equipment* Occasional anti-social hours including evening and weekend working away from home * Driving (own car for work purposes)
Connect2Hampshire, part of Hampshire & Kent Commercial Services LLP, is an equal opportunities Employment Agency & Business and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.