Dev Ops Engineer
Our government client are recruiting for a DevOps Engineer. The role is inside of IR35.
To join the Contact Centre Modernisation Programme to define, and implement technical processes to manage the Programmes non -Prod Test Environments, and CI/CD Pipeline for the new Contact Centre Platform build, test and deployment into the production environment
- Contribute to the overall DevOps process.
- Responsible for the code and services your teams produce and administer.
- Break-down user stories into tasks.
- Design/build end to end GitLab/Ansible pipeline deploy/test enterprise grade content storage components and solutions.
- Design/manage the tactics for building reusable libraries, templates and services.
The successful candidate will:
- Implement high-level technical requirements in a reliable, scalable, and performant way
- Provide coaching and mentoring to more junior colleagues
- Ensure due technical consideration is given to make processes repeatable, scalable, and secure
- Have a deep technical knowledge and experience in DevOps environments, providing support to delivery teams and solving complex problems
- Adopt current, established ways of working and advise on improving them. The specialist will be pro-active in identifying areas to improve.
- Be transparent and collaborative when making decisions
- Share knowledge and experience with other team members
- Be able to work with clients with low technical expertise
- Be able to produce CI/CD pipelines, ideally in GitLab CI/CD.
- Have experience in at least one primarily cloud level IaC language (ie Terraform).
- Have experience in at least one primarily system level IaC language (ie Ansible, Terraform, Puppet).
- Be able to produce scripts in at least one general purpose language (Python, Perl, Bash etc).
- Have a working knowledge of AWS tools.
- Have an awareness of Linux systems administration.
- Have Strong problem solving and reverse engineering skills.
- Have an awareness of software development processes.
- Have experience in developing monitoring/alerting stacks in Prometheus.
- Be able to produce Grafana dashboards.
- Have prior development or infrastructure engineering experience.
- Knowledge of network infrastructure.
- Have experience of supporting live systems.