Our client is seeking an astute, professional, and experienced Credit Controller to join their highly successful and welcoming business.
Hours of work are Monday - Friday 9.00am until 5.00pm. The annual salary is up to £28,000 depending on experience, with additional benefits offered.
This is a full 360 credit control role, not just chasing of debt. The selected candidate will be able to set credits, evaluating customer ledgers as and when new orders arise offering a professional service to ensure repeat business.
- Check credit reports on potential and existing accounts
- Regularly review and update existing credit limits and payment terms offered
- Ensure customer payments are received in accordance with account terms
- Chase overdue accounts via telephone, email and letter
- Check and code BACS remittance advices received
- Reconcile customer accounts
- Maintain accurate customer contact details
- Review and forward monthly statements
- Liaise with internal and external parties to resolve outstanding invoice issues
- Begin the process of legal proceedings and repossession of goods
- Any other ad hoc duties required
- Credit control experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Enthusiastic attitude towards work and learning new systems and processes
- A positive and flexible attitude with the ability to act on their own initiative
- Excellent problem-solving skills for timely and efficient resolution of invoice queries
- Capable of working well under pressure, prioritise workloads and adhere to strict deadlines
- Microsoft Word and Outlook are essential
- Intermediate Excel (able to manipulate reports and filter information)
- Familiar with using accounts software packages
Please bear in mind that you may not hear from us straight away. Due to the high level of applications, we receive every day, we can only respond to applicants, whose skills and qualifications are suitable for this position. If you would like to be considered for similar and future positions, or for a complete listing of all our current vacancies, please visit our website.