The Fixed Income team of a successful international fund manager is seeking a Credit Analyst with focus on the Financials sector. The Analyst will be responsible for conducting fundamental and relative value analysis and providing analytical research mainly focused on DM Financials, as part of a broader research team with sector and regional responsibilities. Additional responsibilities will include marketing and investment management support to the Fund Management team.
Conduct proprietary quantitative and qualitative research in the form of credit memoranda on the assigned corporate sectors (DM Financials) or issuers relating to the Fund Managers’ investment strategies.
- Identify credits of particular interest within the assigned sectors that merit more detailed focus.
o The analysis may be across multiple sectors, driven by fundamental analysis, relative value, portfolio considerations, economic environment, news backgrounds etc. with the objective of supporting investment recommendations.
- Conduct ESG analysis to be integrated with the investment recommendation.
- Engage with issuers on ESG related topics and complete engagement reports.
- Share and discuss analysis with other team members as well as other fund management teams.
- Attend research meetings internally and externally.
- Present internally and externally where appropriate, such as at the weekly investment meetings.
- Maintain and produce databases of Credit and ESG information on corporate issuers within coverage remit.
- Assist with preparation of marketing presentations.
- Assist marketing with production of month end data.
- Assist with weekly valuations
- Proven quantitative skills and qualitative skills, including the ability to build and run financial models and perform detailed financial analysis.
- Previous experience in banking sector analysis and investing.
- Fundamental research skills & solid knowledge of credit analysis.
- Ability to produce clear and appropriately documented analysis in timely fashion.
- A keen interest in investment and markets.
- Highly numerate with attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good organisational skills – capable of working to deadlines and multi-tasking.
- IT skills including Excel, PowerPoint, Bloomberg and proficient with technology.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Resilient – able to cope in a fast moving and challenging environment.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent industry experience.
- IMC/CFA or willingness to undertake.
- Permanent, with hybrid working model