Contractor Co-Ordinator – Speke
Location: Speke, Liverpool
Package: £35,000 DOE
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
We are currently recruiting for a Contractor Co-Ordinator to join our team in Speke, Liverpool,
Hours: 08:00 - 17:00 Monday to Friday
To issue permits to work documentation to maintenance and project site service providers in accordance with the site PTW policy and supervise the works to ensure site & EMCOR’s H&S policies are maintained, and that method statements and risk assessments are followed.
Duties / Responsibilities / Accountabilities / Deliverables
• To maintain safe & clean site continuously and supervise sub-contractor manpower, material and equipment to do so.
• To ensure that all service providers works are carried out to a defined scope.
• To conduct subcontractor audits, housekeeping tours and spot checks.
• To ensure that the Operations Mangers and client stake holders are updated regularly on the tatus of all works.
• To assist in supervising the construction/installation in terms of proper method, material reservation and optimum output of labour.
• To make sure that Sub-Contractors are using calibrated equipment and that they are checking it regularly.
• To provide inspection of works stages according to method statement prior to inspection by the client to gain approval on the works requested and to make the corrective action needed to gain acceptance.
• To coordinate prior to work commencing with other sections / departments / projects / Client’s area managers to plan in the maintenance /project delivery and gain authorisation for any works to be undertaken. Client’s Area Manager signatures must be obtained to allow work to be undertaken.
• To attend a meeting with the Operations Manager/Assistant Operations Manager to review the work progress
• To suggest improvements on the system, methodology followed, better ideas for doing the job or part of it through daily/ weekly meetings
• To ensure that all works are a carried out in line with both clients and EMCOR’s SOP’s, and that all required Risk Assessments, Method Statements and Permits are in place and correctly recorded and signed on to.
• Deep under-pinning knowledge of the site PTW process through developed and demonstrated competency.
• Health and Safety qualifications/ awareness.
• Electrical Engineering trade qualifications such as C&G, NVQ3, ONC.
• Approved Personal (AP) for safe isolation of LV electrical distribution systems.
• Experience working in Pharmaceutical environments, labs and manufacturing areas would be advantage.
• Smart, presentable appearance
• Ability to work to strict timescales
• Personable and approachable
• Good interpersonal and customer relationship skills
• Excellent written communication skills
• Good command of the English language both orally and verbally
• Clean, full driving license
• Health and Safety awareness/qualifications
• First Aid capabilities
• Experience in similar role
• Experience of managing sub contractors.