After more than 60 years away from Formula One, Aston Martin is back on the grid for 2021. Based in Northamptonshire, Aston Martin Cognizant Formula One™ Team has almost 500 passionate people at its heart, making a team with both a rich heritage and a fresh perspective – bringing new energy to the sport with a determination to shake up the order and compete at the sharp end.
The Aston Martin era represents the beginning of a new journey for us, but the racer’s attitude and can-do approach remain central pillars in the team’s philosophy. The focus is always on improving performance and delivering results. With fresh investment and energy, the stage is set to build on Aston Martin’s rich history in motorsport and establish Aston Martin Cognizant Formula One™ Team as a competitive force in the years ahead.
To succeed on this mission, the team is looking for talented individuals who share our passion for racing and hunger for competition. It’s a stimulating and rewarding place to work, with pure racing at the core of everything we do. We are building for a strong future and every member of the team will play an important role in our success.
We are a brave and united team who value authenticity, honesty, and are never afraid to question conventions. We embrace these values in ways that reflect our modern world. If you share our racer’s spirit and want to contribute to the next chapter in Aston Martin’s glorious history, please apply and join one of the most exciting projects in Formula One.
We have a new opportunity to be part of the team in the role of Composite Buyer
- Procurement and co-ordination of externally sourced composite components.
- Procurement and co-ordination of composite raw materials.
- Procurement and co-ordination of patterns and moulds.
- Co-ordination of composite raw material storage and issue to suppliers.
- To actively contribute to the Team’s primary objective of consistently being a top three team in the FIA Constructor’s Championship.
- Reliable purchase of high-quality composite components to tight time constraints and competitive prices. Co-ordination of components between suppliers and upon receipt where required.
- Purchase of composite raw materials with competitive pricing and timely delivery.
- Reliable and accurate stock management of high value composite materials at all locations. The co-ordination of this material between company sites and suppliers.
- Procurement of both internally and externally sourced patterns and moulds.
· Pro-active communication with the engineering team to achieve the most informed plan for effective procurement.
- Timely co-ordination of components after receipt where required.
- Reporting of any delivery exceptions to relevant persons or department in a timely manner to manage expectations.
- Key supplier liaison with focus on reducing lead-times, increasing agility and delivery performance.
- Ensure suppliers selected are capable of meeting all specifications and quality standards of purchased proprietary components.
- Professional and dynamic representation of the company when dealing with current and any future suppliers.
- Development of new vendor accounts when required.
- To chair, attend and proactively participate in meetings as required.
- To work proactively, responsibly, and professionally at all times and to respect and comply with the company’s culture and reporting structure.
- To maintain and develop skill levels to industry standard and maintain a thorough working knowledge of the company's ERP system, IFS.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- Possess an excellent working knowledge of composite component manufacture.
- Possess an excellent working knowledge of pattern and mould manufacture.
- Possess an excellent working knowledge of carbon composite raw materials.
- Must have excellent attention to detail ensure high quality components are delivered within the timescales required.
- Possess a thorough understanding of engineering drawings.
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of MRP/ERP systems such as IFS, SAP or similar.
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Teams.
- To be self-motivated and to motivate others to thrive in a challenging environment.
- Ability to calmly and confidently work under pressure to achieve targets and deliver results within required timescales.
- To communicate effectively, positively and respectfully with all colleagues and suppliers.
- To have a flexible attitude and ability to work as part of a team in a demanding and rapidly changing environment.
- Be results orientated and be confident in your decision-making skills.
- Be enthusiastic and versatile and be able to build, develop and maintain good working relationships with colleagues.
- Ability to demonstrate a clear understanding of and commitment to Health & Safety.
Aston Martin Formula One Team is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining the most talented individuals, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion, belief, sex or sexual orientation. We strive to be a Team that reflects all the communities with which we engage around the world through diversity in the workplace and promoting an inclusive culture in which all team members are respected, empowered and valued.