Milltown Partners is looking for our next amazing mid-level hire to join our London team! If you have 4+ years experience in technology or corporate communications and are looking for your next challenge get in touch, plus we have awesome benefits and a hybrid working pattern. We advise industry leading tech companies, corporates and private individuals on the communications and policy challenges that define their reputations.
What does the Consultant role involve?
Developing and implementing reputation strategy:
- Defining the scope of research required to inform the client’s reputation strategy and working with the client team lead to set the strategy and priorities.
- Drawing on a deep knowledge of audiences and channels to identify how best to position clients and achieve their communications goals.
- Creating integrated communications plans to guide the execution of the agreed strategy.
- Preparing high quality content and materials required to deliver key moments including interviews, articles, speeches and events and owned channels
Building and applying deep expertise about clients and the subjects you care about:
- Overseeing the research work of analysts and extracting insights that inform our advice to clients.
- Delivering the more complex components of the research process e.g. stakeholder interviews.
- Reading widely about the issues clients are facing and using this context to inform our advice to clients.
- Understanding the business model of commercial clients and applying this to improve the quality of our advice.
Advising a small number of clients (typically three to four) and providing valuable recommendations and insights.
- Confidently providing counsel to clients across a range of issues as they arise.
- Tailoring the style and content of advice to meet the needs and expectations of individual clients.
- Having the courage to give the right advice, even if it's not what the client wants to hear, and finding a solution that works for them.
Managing teams to deliver exceptional work, drawing on the full expertise of the firm.
- Developing the project plan for client teams and ensuring work is delivered on time and to a high quality.
- Identifying opportunities to bring in experts from across the firm and from our external network to ensure the client benefits from the full range of our experience.
- Giving (and receiving) regular feedback to people at all levels in the firm.
- Managing the work of less experienced members of your client teams and assisting with their professional development through coaching and mentoring.
Contributing to the future of the business beyond the boundaries of client work.
- Line managing Analysts outside client teams: setting development goals that enable them to perform at their best and stretch into opportunities for development.
- Using personal interests and/or former experience to help develop the team’s approach on a range of potential subjects such as new business, wellbeing or diversity and inclusion.
What we’re looking for
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A strategic approach to reputation, informed by a strong understanding of the audiences and channels that make up the communications landscape.
- The ability to develop relationships with clients and offer them strategic counsel and insight.
- An appreciation of, and interest in, the use of data-driven insights, from primary research and digital tools, to inform our advice to clients.
- Intellectual curiosity to explore new subjects and desire to share that knowledge with the team.
- Experience working with or for organisations which have a significant UK and/or European presence.
- Experience developing media strategies and interacting with journalists.
- Experience of project management, including planning and delivering work against agreed goals, timetable and budget.
- Experience managing a team and delegating both upwards and downwards in a way that makes the most of everyone’s skills and experience.
- A highly motivated team member who values collaboration and is interested in coaching and building capability across the team.
- Commitment to contributing to a supportive and inclusive culture.
- A desire to seek out feedback in order to learn and develop.
- At least 4 years of professional experience in a communications or public relations role.
- Fluent command of English.
- Successful applicants will need to have the right to work in the UK and, while it is possible for us to sponsor work permits, this may not be feasible in all circumstances.
Our commitment to being an inclusive workplace
Our goal is for all our colleagues - present and future - to feel they belong here, regardless of their background, age, gender, race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation or disability. We want to empower all of our colleagues by ensuring that each one of them can see a future for someone like them at Milltown Partners. We believe that fostering a diverse and inclusive ecosystem of colleagues and partners not only encourages innovation but also bolsters strong business results.
Compensation and benefits
We determine our fixed salary bands through annual industry benchmarking to ensure we are compensating our team competitively.
Alongside base salary, our benefits package includes:
- Discretionary twice-yearly bonuses (taking account of firm and individual performance);
- 26 days of annual paid time off, plus public holidays and all-office closure between Christmas and New Year;
- 4% employer pension contribution;
- Private healthcare insurance;
- Annual eye test and annual flu jab;
- ClassPass membership;
- Income Protection insurance;
- Death in Service insurance;
- [Senior Consultants] 1-1 leadership coaching programme with an external expert
- Variety of team events, such as charity socials, external speakers and firm celebrations;
- Selection of breakfast foods and snacks, plus a weekly team lunch.