£37,235 per annum
Swindon, Newport, or Billingham (Hybrid)
Full-time or Part-time considered
Closing Date: Thursday 7th July
If you enjoy variety then this is the role for you! It’s such a diverse role with opportunities to a make a meaningful impact, you will have the opportunity to be in at ground zero to make real contributions. The role will also allow you to help guide and shape the way we do things while we transition from a mainly waterfall approach to change management, into the world of Agile. It’s a very exciting time to be working with us
Why choose UK SBS?
It is an exciting time to join us at UK SBS, we are a well-established business with a supportive and friendly culture, entering a period of transformation. We want to hire and retain great talent which is why we’re investing in and growing our workforce, who we know will play a key role in supporting us to achieve our ambitions. We’re embracing a hybrid way of working, as well as other extensive benefits, including:
- 28 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) rising to 30 days within 3 years of service
- A generous pension scheme
- Family friendly benefits including flexible working and 26 weeks maternity/adoption leave at full pay
- Training, professional development and qualification opportunities
- Lifestyle platform offering employee discounts on various high street shops, restaurants and gym memberships
What will you be doing?
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Lead the requirements gathering process for projects including planning and organising the work, engaging with clients and users, analysing and documenting the requirements and presenting findings to stakeholders and governance forums
- Elicit requirements for custom development and enhancements using a variety of techniques including interviews, workshops, review and analysis of documentation and process descriptions, use cases, etc
- Document requirements and functional specifications with a high degree of accuracy, ensuring end to end integrity and coherence of the deliverables
- Play a key role in feasibility studies including documentation and critical analysis of options from business, technical and commercial perspectives
- Communicate information at the right level to drive decisions and actions including abstracting low- level detail and/or drilling into detail as appropriate
- Perform gap analysis, business process mapping, & provide subject matter expertise
Who are we looking for?
As the ideal candidate you will have:
- The ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with key stakeholders, clients and colleagues
- Experience of working within a shared service environment with the ability to work in a structured manner and in line with operating standards such as those associated with configuration management
- Ability to create and maintain fluent and accurate documentation to be interpreted cohesively by the relevant audience
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to interpret business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation) and in-depth knowledge of subject matter to be able to credibly influence stakeholders
- Experience in Business Analysis and of providing business, technical and commercial analysis for large scale ERP systems
- Excellent knowledge of business analysis techniques and tools, experience of working within an OUM or AIM project delivery environment
Who we are:
UK Shared Business Services Ltd (UK SBS) is owned by the Department for Business, Energy, and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) and UK Research and Innovation (UKRI). It is a government shared service provider with one of the widest ranges of service provision within the UK public sector. We provide administrative and professional services to six public sector partners across Finance, HR and Payroll, Information Technology (IT), and Procurement.
We aim to become a very different organisation over the next few years. Together with our partners, we will transform the end-to-end way we work together enabled by new system programmes to embrace modern digital technology and techniques.
The closing date for this role is Thursday 7th July.
For the full job description and how to apply, please click 'apply’ and you will be taken through to our Careers page.